- So Wayne Grudem has waded in with a rather extraordinary endorsement of Donald Trump as a moral. Unsurprisingly, this has led to quite an online response
- David Moore (who kindly interviewed me a while back for A Wilderness of Mirrors) has a measured post here
- Randal Rauser is more robust, but it is hard to disagree with most of this
- Ian Paul has an intriguing post on the question of gender in eternity
- I’m simply glad that this masterpiece exists: Durham Cathedral in Lego
- Amazing – a plane circumnavigated the world without a drop of fuel…
- And while we’re aloft, this is obviously an excellent idea: jumping out of a plane at 25,000ft without a parachute.
- 15 maps that show the relative sizes of different countries: definitely a few surprises here
- The history of urbanization from 3700BC to 2000AD in a brief compelling animation (a bit scary tbh)
- TED founder, Chris Anderson, picks his 5 best talks
- I’ve always wanted to visit the fjords (not least to find Slartibartfast’s signature); now you can… sort of
- Pete Souza has been the White House photographer throughout the Obama years. Here are his favourite images.
- While we’re on the topic, this spoof of TED talks has been doing the rounds – but it’s hysterical in case you’ve not seen it
- Walking on water – on Christo’s Yellow Brick Roads
- This would be a pretty epic (if trippy) experience: immersing yourself in a crystal universe
- Bookshops are special places anyway – but combined with interesting architecture, they can become magical:
- A Thai wedding photographer shrinks his subjects into miniature worlds
- These bronze and stone sculptures just blew me away. Astonishing.